• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update: Wrong posted speed on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pwgsx

Previous Post.............................

I live in Texas. As I was going to work, I was clocked going 60mph in a 45. Yea, I know but I over slept. As I got to work, I looked at the ticket and noted a mistake. The officer entered a 35 mph zone when in fact it is a 45. I drove by to doube check and it is 45 and not 35 as he had stated on the ticket.
There was a school zone with lights flashing and which I drove the exact 20 mph, then the line marking the end school zone and 1/4 mile down there was the 45 mph sign where I was going 60. He was another 1/4 mile down on a side street. Does the incorrect posted speed on the ticket give me grounds for dismissal, if anything I would be paying for 10mph over than I actually was ???? Or should I do defensive driving??

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ok, I requested a court hearing. Since the requirements for defensive driving I could not be over 25 mph. I had no choice since I was said to be going 60 in a 45 but cited as 35. Except for the ovious, hoping the cop does not show up, Should I argue to drop the whole charge or just have the ticket adjusted to 45 and then request defensive driving ?? I have no clue on what to say or request. Thanks for any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">