• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VA Speeding Ticket 68/45

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GOODaznGIRL

!!HELP!! VA Speeding Ticket 68/45

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

This is my first time ever getting a speeding ticket. I'm a 20 yr old asian female. I would like to have some advice about what should I do with this speeding ticket. Should I fight for this ticket or just pay for it? My record for driving is clean of anytype of speeding.

The thing was I was driving in area that I was unfamiliar and this police officer was hidden after the bridge of 29 (Lee Hwy) caught me speeding 68/45. I honestly had no clue the speed limited had reduced that enormous amount from 55 on 28 (Sully Rd) South. Also, I felt as though the car wasn't going as fast as 68. *was pretty much going with traffic flow*

I also had thought the officer had said speed limit was 55 when he gave me ticket until my mother told me about it and the signs that they had post.

In addition, my mother had told that she usually drives to work and spots police officer there after I had recieved my ticket. Are they allowed to always have hidden police officer(s) hidden and trying to catch speeders. My mother had even told me there where occations there be even more than just two waiting around the bridge that prevents them from seeing them. Is that even legal?

Another important info was that the officer had put my race as "W." Is there anyway this ticket no longer valid because of the mistake the officer made on my race? :p When did I start looking like a white female and not know it? I'm good and bright but not WHITE. Also, Officer had put Speeding for describe charges and lidar (not sure if that's what it suppose to say) 1186.9 ft. So... ticket for just speeding, 3 points? ... Or is it actually worse?

Better yet, I'll end it seeing that officer at my mother work place having to fill in her morning shift. He honestly made my day! *being extremly sarcastic* LoL. :rolleyes: There's a laugh for you all...

Oh well, I really hope some of you people can give me some good advice about what should I do or how should I handle this situtation because it's my first time getting ticket like i've said earlier. If I do court, it's also my first. Any advice to give judge a good impression? :)

Last edited:

snostar

GOODaznGIRL said:
Should I fight for this ticket or just pay for it?

**The choice is up to you. You can show up for court, and be given the option to plead guilty to a slower speed and pay a reduced fine.

The thing was I was driving in area that I was unfamiliar and this police officer was hidden after the bridge of 29 (Lee Hwy) caught me speeding 68/45. I honestly had no clue the speed limited had reduced that enormous amount from 55 on 28 (Sully Rd) South. Also, I felt as though the car wasn't going as fast as 68. *was pretty much going with traffic flow*

I also had thought the officer had said speed limit was 55 when he gave me ticket until my mother told me about it and the signs that they had post.

In addition, my mother had told that she usually drives to work and spots police officer there after I had recieved my ticket. Are they allowed to always have hidden police officer(s) hidden and trying to catch speeders. My mother had even told me there where occations there be even more than just two waiting around the bridge that prevents them from seeing them. Is that even legal?
** Yes.

Another important info was that the officer had put my race as "W." Is there anyway this ticket no longer valid because of the mistake the officer made on my race?
**No, that would not effect the validity of the ticket.

When did I start looking like a white female and not know it?
**Sorry, can't answer that one.

Better yet, I'll end it seeing that officer at my mother work place having to fill in her morning shift. He honestly made my day! *being extremly sarcastic* LoL. :rolleyes: There's a laugh for you all...

Oh well, I really hope some of you people can give me some good advice about what should I do or how should I handle this situtation because it's my first time getting ticket like i've said earlier. If I do court, it's also my first. Any advice to give judge a good impression? :)
Be clean, well groomed, comb your hair, dress conservativedly, address the judge as "Your Honor", stand up straight, and speak humbly.

fedcop110

Officer had put Speeding for describe charges and lidar (not sure if that's what it suppose to say) 1186.9 ft.
Sounds like you were charged with speeding and not reckless driving. Lidar is a laser speed detection device. 1186.9 ft is the distance that the officer took the speed reading.

Another important info was that the officer had put my race as "W." Is there anyway this ticket no longer valid because of the mistake the officer made on my race?
Sorry, No.

Are they allowed to always have hidden police officer(s) hidden and trying to catch speeders.
Yes they are. If police officers had to sit in the open all the time they wouldn't catch many drivers speeding. There is always going to be a debate on whether to hide and issue citations or to sit in the open and slow people down by just being seen. I think a little of both works quite well. However, yes the police are allowed to sit hidden on the side of the bridge.

I probably wouldn't use the defense that you thought the speed limit was 55. You were going 68. :D

If the charge was indeed speeding and not the RD that he could have written, you can either go to court and contest the charge or you can pay the ticket. If you go to court, search on other posts for seniorjudge's posts for appearing in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">