• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Validity of an unsigned traffic citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

B Stickney

I just moved to Indiana from another state. On 24 February 2003, I was test driving a used car to see if I wanted to buy it (I did not buy it).

Within the first mile of the test drive, I received a citation for going 51 mph in a 30 mph zone. The odometer and spedometer for this vehicle were in kilometers, so it was unclear to me how fast I was going, especially in my first mile of driving it. When I mentioned this fact to the officer, he was unimpressed.

On the citation, the officer transposed my first and middle names, and he did not ask me to sign the citation, so I did not sign it. Did this mistake or this omission invalidate the citation?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">