• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VC 22101 (d)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imroscoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I recently was cited for VC 22101(d) for turning left out of a private business driveway. There is no barrier and only a soild double yellow line to cross over. My question is, since 22101 (d) specifically states intersections, not driveways, does this VC apply to the situation? I looked up VC 365 which defines intersections and it only seems to include highways. I also looked up VC 21460 (d) "The markings as specified in subdivision (a), (b), or (c) do not prohibit a driver from crossing the marking if (1) turning to the left at an intersection or into or out of a driveway or private road,"

Coupling VC 365, VC 22101, and VC 21460, would I be correct in saying that the officer cited me for the wrong VC since a driveway is not an intersection? The CA vehicle code has clearly kept the definition of driveway and intersection seperate. Code after code I have reviewed keeps the two seperate.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">