• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle registration with warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoohooty

I am in Dallas, Texas. I need to get my registration done on my car. It has been expired since October. My question is: When I go to the county tax assessor/collector with my proof of insurance and license will they run my background and see that I have a warrant in another county (Johnson County)? If so, will they arrest me then? Also, do they call my insurance company to see how long I have had the policy?? Thanks!

sukharev

Since you are trying to avoid the law, you are not going to get any LEGAL advice.

Your post is so naive in a certain way, let me just ask you: what is the warrant for? If it's something stupid like not appearing in court for the speeding ticket, then you would be better off taking care of that and not make a criminal out of yourself. Running from the law is not going to get you anywhere but prison. Of course, you can always go to Canada ;)

Heather2

hoohooty said:
I am in Dallas, Texas. I need to get my registration done on my car. It has been expired since October. My question is: When I go to the county tax assessor/collector with my proof of insurance and license will they run my background and see that I have a warrant in another county (Johnson County)? If so, will they arrest me then? Also, do they call my insurance company to see how long I have had the policy?? Thanks!
Why don't you just do it by mail? In Irving we can also go to Tom Thumb to get registration renewed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">