• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very confusing situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarah777

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I was involved in a 3 car accident which was not my fault. This was 2 years ago. I am now being sued. My problem is this, I found out about 1 year after the accident that my license was suspended while I was involved in the accident. I did not have my license with me at the time of the accident so the police officer who did the police report made up a bogus license number. Now that I am being sued I am being forced to answer a lot of questions, one being "Have you ever had your license suspended or revoked" I am so afraid that I am going to be in a lot of trouble once this is discovered! noone ever questioned the bogus license number but now I have to answer these questions under oath! Will the insurance company run a DMV report on me or do I have anything to worry about? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

HomeGuru

sarah777 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
I was involved in a 3 car accident which was not my fault. This was 2 years ago. I am now being sued. My problem is this, I found out about 1 year after the accident that my license was suspended while I was involved in the accident. I did not have my license with me at the time of the accident so the police officer who did the police report made up a bogus license number. Now that I am being sued I am being forced to answer a lot of questions, one being "Have you ever had your license suspended or revoked" I am so afraid that I am going to be in a lot of trouble once this is discovered! noone ever questioned the bogus license number but now I have to answer these questions under oath! Will the insurance company run a DMV report on me or do I have anything to worry about? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
**A: you best hire an attorney.

K

Kaz the Minotau

Why would the police officer "write down bogus license number" when he could get that information by running your name and DOB?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">