• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very Old Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimbob

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I just recieved notice from the Registry of Motor Vehicles that my license will be suspended if I do not pay a speeding ticket. This ticket was issued in Vermont in May, 1979!! Isn't there a statute of limitations and if not, how would I go about finding out where to locate this supposedly unpaid ticket? This is 26 years old..I have a hard time remembering yesterday!!

ridger

Pay the ticket

I am going through the same thing from 1985. I paid the ticket then, but didnt follow up on it, since it was in a state I didnt live in, and actually moved to another state. I moved back to original state and my license was suspended, which I didnt know about. I contacted the ticketing state DMV, they had no record of me. So it was my word against theirs !!!!! After SEVERAL phone calls and explanations, I was finally routed to the sheriffs department in the county where I received the ticket and they found it. I had to pay it again. So just save yourself a lot of trouble and extra fee's and keep diggin until you locate it. Pay it and keep the receipt forever !!!!!!! NOw my license is suspended because I gave false information about my license being suspended 20 years ago, which I did not know!!!!! What a pain in the --- !!!!! Good Luck

kimbob

Thanks for responding back to me! We did do a lot of digging and found out I paid the actual ticket in 1993, but didn't pay the penalty late fees!! I'm tired of the games, and paid the $50 to clear the 26 year old matter up!! Got to love this country. Let's go after a 26 year old ticket and let the real criminals get off on legal technicalities, so they can continue to murder and rape.

S

seniorjudge

kimbob said:
Thanks for responding back to me! We did do a lot of digging and found out I paid the actual ticket in 1993, but didn't pay the penalty late fees!! I'm tired of the games, and paid the $50 to clear the 26 year old matter up!! Got to love this country. Let's go after a 26 year old ticket and let the real criminals get off on legal technicalities, so they can continue to murder and rape.
A SOL prohibits the government from filing charges so long after it has been committed. Since the ticket was filed, SOL is irrelevant.

Speeders kill more people in this country than murderers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">