• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violating Provisional

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roksteady

What is the name of your state? NJ

Recently I was pulled over for speeding and violating my provisional. I had two other people in the car. I know I violated my provisional but it was for a good reason. We all go to the same school and we take Journalism together. Well, the field trip our teacher kept planning kept getting canceled beacause the bus would never come or in one case one of the drivers actually died. This happened 4 times. On the fifth time a SMALL bus came, which clearly would not fit a class of 25 or so students. So, the teacher said she was sick of waiting and wanted to get the field trip over with and asked if those who had a car would drive down to Newark (35 miles from the school). I agreed and took 2 other people with me.

When we were comming home, I apparently was going 63 in a 40 two-lane mini highway. Which is impossible. The street I was on was a hill and my car is set to flash a warning light when my speed exceeds 55. I was in the outside lane and an Acura was approaching fast. It past me and braked out of no where. When he braked I moved in front of it and that's when the cops came after me. Two days later I found out the dealer had forgotten to change my brakes. I bought my car used and a brake job is usually mandatory. So that would explain why I couldn't slow down the hill.

The cop who pulled me over said he would make sure I lose my license. What's the worst that could happen? I read online that I could have my license suspented for 6 months.What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? NJ

Recently I was pulled over for speeding and violating my provisional. I had two other people in the car. I know I violated my provisional but it was for a good reason. We all go to the same school and we take Journalism together. Well, the field trip our teacher kept planning kept getting canceled beacause the bus would never come or in one case one of the drivers actually died. This happened 4 times. On the fifth time a SMALL bus came, which clearly would not fit a class of 25 or so students. So, the teacher said she was sick of waiting and wanted to get the field trip over with and asked if those who had a car would drive down to Newark (35 miles from the school). I agreed and took 2 other people with me.

When we were comming home, I apparently was going 63 in a 40 two-lane mini highway. Which is impossible. The street I was on was a hill and my car is set to flash a warning light when my speed exceeds 55. I was in the outside lane and an Acura was approaching fast. It past me and braked out of no where. When he braked I moved in front of it and that's when the cops came after me. Two days later I found out the dealer had forgotten to change my brakes. I bought my car used and a brake job is usually mandatory. So that would explain why I couldn't slow down the hill.

The cop who pulled me over said he would make sure I lose my license. What's the worst that could happen? I read online that I could have my license suspented for 6 months.What is the name of your state?
That was not a good reason...And you could, and most likely will loose your license.

racer72

Please, please, please, if you have the opportunity, take a class in auto repair. Please pay careful attention to the part about brake repair.

Two days later I found out the dealer had forgotten to change my brakes. I bought my car used and a brake job is usually mandatory. So that would explain why I couldn't slow down the hill.
Bull****. If the car will slow down and stop for stop signs and red lights, the brakes will stop a car going down a hill. If fact, braking on a hill to maintain your speed will cause much less wear than stop and go driving. But to be fair, I am going to believe you and that my friend, has earned you a nomination for the Free Advice "Lame Excuse Of The Year" award. Contratulations.

Also, there in no requirement for a dealer to do a brake job on a vehicle. All used vehicles sold in New Jersey must meat the requirements of NJAC 13:20-32.47. The procedure just checks that the braking systems is operating within specs, in fact, it does not even mention checking the condition of the brake pads.

Fatt Toney

Cant take your license without a trial, if thats what you want. Plead not guilty, tell your story to a judge and jury. Or, plead no contest, tell your story to the judge.

Outcome will be the same, but that many more people will get to listen to your lame string of excuses.

roksteady

I bought my car certified from Jack Daniels. Their policy is that they will get the car to the same condition it was when the first owner bought it.

I was pulled over going uphill and when i got home my car went into the garage because our driveway slants downward.

The Occultist

You may believe that to be their store policy, but there is certainly nothing in any statutes that would suggest that this would get you out of this ticket. Sorry, it is the DRIVER's responsibility to ensure that what he is driving is safe and up to code.

And I know others have mentioned it already, but I feel the need to reiterate: that is NOT a good reason at all for breaking the terms of your provisional.

The Occultist

Even if they do, I don't think they'll agree to give you one since you're apparently no good at following the rules. Good luck with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">