• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of 1110A and 1163

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobertAdams313

I was on my way to school going to the Queensboro Bridge on E 57th st and 1st ave and as many other New Yorkers know the two lanes get packed quickly. So I drove up on a straight only lane trying to merge into one of the turn lanes but no one was letting me in. so instead of holding up traffic behind me i decided to go and obviously got pulled over. The officer asked if I knew why he stopped me and like a dummy perhaps I said yes. So he gave me two tickets. One for improper left turn and another for disobeying the sign. Now I know I am in fact guilty but this is also my first time getting any moving violations and now I have 4 points. Do you think I would have any luck pleading not guilty in hopes of getting this thrown away since this is my first time or something of the matter or am I pretty much screwed and should just pay the fine? I'm mainly worried about the points on my license.

Just looking for honest opinions here from people that are familiar with the system. Thank you

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
VTL 1163 (d) is failing to signal not for an improper turn. So which is it? What sign did you disobey? You didn't say anything about a sign.

If you are so concerned about points you shouldn't have done what you did. Seems like you were just trying to avoid waiting on a long line of cars and tried to cut the line. The "no one would let me in" excuse certainly does not fly. Seems like you travel that way all the time so you should know what it's like there.

I am guessing that the officer who wrote you is there alot and does traffic enforcement which will make him difficult to beat in court. It would all depend on the judge that hears your case.

If you are that concerned then hire a TVB attorney who works down there on Rector Street (the Manhattan South TVB). That would be your only chance to get off on one of the summonses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">