• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation 24250 in Irvine, CA--Need to extend showing up at court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kzhuang

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I forgot to turn on the light and got the ticket. The officer said that I need to show up at court before 01/14/2010 and I will recieve a lot of paperwork.

My question is: I will leave California for work reasons next Wednesday (Nov, 11th) and come back during late March, 2010. I don't want to waste my flight tickets just to show up at court.
1. Is there any way that I don't need to show up at court just pay the fine online or something?
2. I just got the ticket today (Saturday nite), I can go to the court next Monday or Tuesday before I leave, but very likely nothing will be in the court's computer system. Is it possible that I can go to the court before I leave and pay the fine?

Thanks guys for your help!!!! Many many thanks!!

I_Got_Banned

It will take a minimum of 21 days (from the date it was issued) for the citation to be filed in the court system... Until then, there is nothing you can do regardless of whether you go to court, check online or otherwise.

here's a link to the orange County Superior Court website: Superior Court of California - County of Orange

You should be able to pay the fine online once it is entered in the court system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">