• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation and Code do not match- Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chipotle

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Greeting all. I recently got stopped for "driving on wrong side of roadway." Traffic was backed up by a turn lane, which was blocking me from going straight. So from a complete stop I cut to the left to go around two vehicles so i could go straight. That took me into a turn lane for the opposite direction. And i was only in there for abot 2 car lengths. There was no oncoming traffic at all. The officer wrong on the ticket as the offence "Wrong side of roadway." The Violation code he wrote is 40-6-40. The code he cited when i look it up is for obstructing traffic, which is not the case. The actual code for driving on the wrong side of the road is 40-6-41. The fine is not to bad but still sucks at $105, but its my insurance I dont want messed with. I havent had any violation in over 4 or 5 years, so my record is great and so are my rates. And I dont want to plead no-lo on something like this. Let me know if i can get this dropped as a technicality. Or can make a plea to keep it off my record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">