• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation failure to yield to oncoming traffic (21453 b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ca93003mom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. I stopped at red light, waited for oncoming traffic to pass. I turned right suddenly the three or four cars that were in front of me stopped to wait for car to enter bank parking lot, but had to wait for pedestrian to cross entrance to bank driveway so all cars in front of me jammed on their brakes. I put on mine the truck behind me had to put on his. The truck behind me was at least 3-4 cars behind me when I turned onto street in front of him. All cars including myself and car behind me did not brake so quickly that made any squealing noises. Officer pulled me over and asked do you know why I pulled you over "I honestly have no idea." He said (then I will write you a ticket and explain it in court to you). (The guy behind you was yelling at me to pull you over, I usually don't write tickets, I would expect this from people in LA but not in Ventura). I didn't say another word to him I waited for him to write me a ticket and left. It took 2 police cars to give me this ticket. Two days later I had to squeal my brakes to stop in time from a car passing 5 cars behind me and cutting me off while a police officer sat in his car and watched and did nothing.
I would love them to start ticketing people that are actually cutting people off I have that happen at least 3-4 on a weekly basis, and tire of it very quickly. Apparently the local police officers don't listen unless there is a man screaming at them to pull someone over.
Anyway I have regressed, I received a $260 ticket and would like to fight it, on the basis that the truck behind me wouldn't have had to brake if not for the cars in front of me and the pedestrian. What are my chances and how should I address it to the court? I will have a blown up picture of the area done. I also believe for description he put initials down. I think it was for clear day light traffic etc. It was 4:30pm in on a Friday evening the streets were not empty. Thank you for any help you can give me. Can they add new violations to this ticket, because I am going to court and fighting it?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

They are not likely to add any violations. And the first notice the officer receives that will indicate you are fighting the ticket will be a subpoena to your trial which will be AFTER the arraignment.

Here is the section you have been charged with:

(b) Except when a sign is in place prohibiting a turn, a driver,
after stopping as required by subdivision (a), facing a steady
circular red signal, may turn right, or turn left from a one-way
street onto a one-way street. A driver making that turn shall yield
the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk
and to any vehicle that has approached or is approaching so closely
as to constitute an immediate hazard to the driver, and shall
continue to yield the right-of-way to that vehicle until the driver
can proceed with reasonable safety​
What you are apparently being accused of is failing to yield the right of way at a red light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">