• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia 46.2-830

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bubbajet767

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My son got a ticket for Failure to Obey Highway Sign in Alexandria, VA, The offence number on the ticket is 46.2-830. He was in a right turn lane but tried to get back into the through lane at an intersection. He rode in the right turn lane into the intersection and then changed into the through lane (straight) in or just after the intersection. He is 25 years old with no tickets or accidents. Is he able to get a deferral and complete an online drivers course to make this a non points violation? Is there any good way to work or plea this down? What kind of points and insurance increase is he looking at? He has a North Carolina drivers license. Will these points be reported to North Carolina? Thanks.

FlyingRon

With a VA license with no recent points on it, you'd almost certainly be offered to do the driver school (and most places will let those over 20 do it online) while the case is continued for some period to take the course. I don't know how it plays with an out of state license. If he gets the driving school and completes it, then he won't get *ANY* points. If he is found guilty, then yes Virginia will report to NC and NC may assign points (and I thin they will assess 2 points on the drivers license and one for insurance purposes).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">