• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia Traffic Law.....Can they ticket me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melissa3381

I live in Virginia and I was speeding on a dirt road when I passed an officer. I had also momentarily swerved into the other lane but quickly corrected it. The officer slowed down almost to a stop but never flashed his lights or turned to come after me so I went on. Can they ticket me for this? I don't know if they got my license plates or not but wouldn't they have to pull me over and issue me a ticket. I slowed down and looked back but the officer wasn't coming after me he just slowed down to an almost complete stop. I'm not sure about Virginia Law on this. If they can ticket me...what would the charge be because I didn't evade the law...he never came after me?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">