• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for FTA in Nebraska.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gyrushooler

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I've been reading through the posts, and found similar stuff... but I'm still confused.

I got a speeding ticket last May in Nebraska. I also had expired WA tags. I got a ticket for the speeding, and some sort of note for the tags. I believe that I was supposed to get the tags fixed, have an "officer of the law" sign something and send it all back to NE.

I procrastinated, lost the ticket and the forms, and forgot about all of this.

I ended up not getting the tags fixed. I finally just got new MN plates in November (yes, this was 6 months later).

I received a note saying that I have a warrant for my arrest. I checked the county's website and my name is listed and under "reason" it says FTA speeding ticket.

I'm scared and I feel really stupid about this.

What will happen?
Should I call a lawyer?
Am I going to have a criminal record?
Should I be concerned about the tags -- even though it wasn't mentioned on the county's website?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">