• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for my arrest, unpaid fine!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oldfines

Hello there

My Fines were issued in Pennsylvania.

I have 3 traffic violations they include: Driving without a Licence, No registation, no proof of insurance.

I didnt pay my fines on my payment plan for little over 3 months because I had no job, and moved to ohio with my wife to her moms house looking for a better oppitunity for one, my sister called me and said that a constable was at the house looking for me. I need to get $600 dollars up for the fines. Or he threated to come get me and the court will lock me up in jail for a month.

I am half tempted to make it over to PA to turn myself in to the court I had the fines out of.

What can they possibly do to me if I am caught, will I really spend time in jail for this? Its just traffic tickets for crying out loud. Or is just the constable blowing some up my families ass just to scare us?

Can I just turn myself in and gett he payment plans reinstated? PLEASE HELP ME!

Antigone*

Hello there

My Fines were issued in Pennsylvania.

I have 3 traffic violations they include: Driving without a Licence, No registation, no proof of insurance.

I didnt pay my fines on my payment plan for little over 3 months because I had no job, and moved to ohio with my wife to her moms house looking for a better oppitunity for one, my sister called me and said that a constable was at the house looking for me. I need to get $600 dollars up for the fines. Or he threated to come get me and the court will lock me up in jail for a month.

I am half tempted to make it over to PA to turn myself in to the court I had the fines out of.

What can they possibly do to me if I am caught, will I really spend time in jail for this? Its just traffic tickets for crying out loud. Or is just the constable blowing some up my families ass just to scare us?

Can I just turn myself in and gett he payment plans reinstated? PLEASE HELP ME!
Short of giving you $600 this internet forum will not be much help to you.

Call the court and see what they say about reinstating your payment plan ~ I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Oldfines

oh no no I dont want 600 dollars from you guys. MY sister said that he wants her to deal with it right now and they want her to call them. She said that I need to contact the constable in 3 days. And I have to get the money in by a week. Can a constable do this?

And also he said 3 months of jail for those fines, is that logical? I have baby boy on the way, this is tearing me up.

Maestro64

I assuming that your payment agreement is with the local court and the magistrate since most all tickets and moving violations are handled in your local court.

Your only choice is to pay at this point, since you lost your opportunity to renegotiate your payment plan. Magistrates can pretty much do what they like in PA if your not willing to hire a lawyer. A constable is basically doing what the court tell them. But I can tell most constables in PA have no legal background, one of my neighbors was one and he ran a kind of PI company, mainly insurance fraud case, which he felt qualified him as a constable. The guy was a nut and use to threaten people in our neighbor any time he felt they were doing something he did not agree with.

Face it, the magistrate's office pays its bills with your fines, since most of the fines stays local and a small portion goes to the state.

Hind sight being what it is, you should have contacted the court and told them you were out of job and if you could work out a new payment plan, most likely they would have made an effort since they want your money not have you in a jail cell. This could still be an options, but you better at least have some money in hand as a gesture of good faith.

I hope you fixed the other issue of why you got the fines in the first place. I can tell you driving around in OH the police look for no front plates which means a PA driver and like to pick on them. If your other problems are not straighten out and they put a warrant for your arrest OH will know about this since the computer systems are now linked and most likely you will end up in Jail in OH.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">