• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nik1008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Is there a way to get someone to go to court for you since I have missed all of my extensions and now have a warrant out for my arrest? I got a ticket out of my area and have no license or car to get to court and am leaving the country in March to live in England. What are the procedures to accomidate this??

cyjeff

Is there a way to get someone to go to court for you since I have missed all of my extensions and now have a warrant out for my arrest? I got a ticket out of my area and have no license or car to get to court and am leaving the country in March to live in England. What are the procedures to accomidate this??
You want to know if you can send someone to court to deal with your failure to show up in court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

This type of person is generally known as a "lawyer"

poncho

You need a lawyer. You need to take care of this before you go over to England. Unless your passport is British. As in issued by The United Kingdom. The United Kingdom Border Agency has a reciprocity agreement. The customs officer can search American criminal databases, just like any U.S state. They can deny entry for any reason into the U.K. That means holding you in jail, until the next available flight that will take you back to the United States at your expense. Depending on how much you owe, might be a lot easier to clear things up before trying to enter a foreign country.

CdwJava

An attorney might be able to take care of this for you if you plan to plead guilty and pay the fine. Although, you can probably do that via the mail on your own, too.

Note that if you do not take care of it and do not appear in court on the date and time set on the citation, a warrant can be issued for your arrest as well as having your license status suspended. if yuo ever intended to return to the USA this might cause some issues.

- Carl

poncho

if yuo ever intended to return to the USA this might cause some issues.
Maybe just my opinion. An American passport does not guarantee entry into a foreign country. If you have a warrant and the Foreign countries border agents find it searching U.S criminal databases like (NCIC) 2000 (its not just a American accessible database). They are more likely to deny you entry into England. You'll be returned to the United States and likely California and arrested at LAX. Or when you return this might cause some issue's. Like being arrested at the airport after leaving customs. The longer you wait the bigger the problem becomes. Unless your British and don't plan on ever returning to the U.S again? Do return you'll likely be denied entry and receive formal deportation proceedings.

Ignoring it will not make it go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">