• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Washington State Citations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kirbylouise

I live in Washington State. I recently received a traffic citation. I was cited for parking in a no parking zone and for parking less than 30 feet from a stop sign. The citation was issued by a police officer not a parking enforcement officer. Is the officer's badge number sufficient on the citation, or does the officer need to sign the citation? Also, is there anything I can do about being cited on one ticket for two infractions that are pretty much the same?

Thank you

racer72

You present no evidence for dismissal of the citation. An officer can place as many offenses on one citation that will fit. The citation is a non moving violation, the officers signature is not required. Because of this, the officer will not have to appear even if you challenge the citation. Your request for a supeona will be denied. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">