• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can he do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bomdigitytrips

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I was speeding and so was my friend i was way in front of my friend and a cop turned his lights on and pulled my friend over i pulled over as well and waited for a minute and the officer never came to me so i left and went home. My question is the officer knows where i work and he knows my first name can he do anything to me the next day?

Avery'smom

An internet search will tell ya. Some states allow up to two years to serve a ticket.

TEXAS

He can write you a citation for up to 2 years after the violation is committed.

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I was speeding and so was my friend i was way in front of my friend and a cop turned his lights on and pulled my friend over i pulled over as well and waited for a minute and the officer never came to me so i left and went home. My question is the officer knows where i work and he knows my first name can he do anything to me the next day?
So... not only did your friend lose the race... He was also cited... What was he cited for? That should probably tell you whether the cop is looking for you or not.

And yes, if the officer witnessed you committing a violation, he can serve you with a summons after the fact. Depending on the laws on OK it doesn't have to be just the next day...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">