• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I expect from a lawyer given my predicament

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flash555

What is the name of your state? VA

Hello all. I'm a NC resident going to school in Virginia. I got a speeding ticket today 78 in a 65 mph zone in Wytheville, VA along I-77. I have gotten two other tickets in my life (none have been reckless). The first ticket got me 3 points on my license. The last one was last May. I went ahead and requested driving school last time.

Its apparent i'm going to need a lawyer. I've never had one. What can I expect from one?

On the venting side- Yeah I know it seems i'm a speed demon but all of my tickets ever accrued have been on the long trip coming home and always as i was descending on a hill (we're in the appalacians here).

I've decided Iwill no longer be driving on I-77 or I-81.

flash555

ecmst12 said:
Why do you think you need a lawyer?
Unfortunately i'm pretty worried. I have had another ticket in the last year and since my license is NC they can suspend it. If I appear in court what can I say? I think the officer was a sheriff. He has weight behind him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">