• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I subpoena for a speeding ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mthomas222

A quick question for all you lawyers, judges, law school students, or police officers. I know that it's possible to subpoena officer training records, calibration, etc.....but Is it possible to subpoena either Police squad car video OR Officer/Dispatcher transcripts (the conversation between the officer and dispatcher at time of arrest). If anyone has ever heard of this situation please inform. -- I'm in Virginia but wouldn't mind case law or previous judgements in any state.

racer72

You did not list your state so there is no way to answer your question, each state has different laws and rules. In my state, you can ask for everything including the moon but you will only get copies of the evidence to be used against you in court. Things such as training records and operators manuals are useless to the average citizen in court unless they know how to use it, very few do. That is why an experience attorney is the only way to fight a ticket unless you have a slam dunk excuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">