• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens to me?(30 mph speeding)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brosin13

I recieved a speeding violation on an Illinois Highway. I was late for a college visit and was pulled over going 102 in a 65. I recieved the citation and was notified of a court date on Monday, Nov. 25 at 10:00 a.m. I was wondering what the repercussions of my action will be. I have recieved court supervision on 2 other minor tickets about a year ago, but i believe my record is clear of those, meaning that i have a clean record.

JETX

Needless to say, you have a big problem.

1) Civil/Criminal Adjudication of Violation: 1st or 2nd speed law offenses are Petty Offenses. A 3rd or subsequent speed law offense (within 1 year) is a Class C misdemeanor. §625 ILCS 5/16-104
2) Points: over 25 MPH above the speed limit-50 points
3) Fine: 1st or 2nd offenses-Not more than $1,000 3rd offense (within 1 year)-Not more than $1,500 §730 ILCS 5/5-9-1(a)(3) & (4)
4) Suspension or Revocation based either (1) on 3 traffic offenses within a 12 month period or (2) on repeated traffic law convictions which indicate a disrespect of the traffic laws. §625 ILCS 5/6-206(a)(2) & (3)

Take a look:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enforce/stspdlaw98/ilspeed.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">