• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What problems have I created?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Speeding ticket (10 over) issued to me on 5/18. This ticket was payable and due on 6/13. However, I lost my job on 6/6 and did not pay the fine. I used my last check to pay my utilities instead. I want to turn myself in, however I am afraid of the unknown. I now have the money to pay the ticket, although I do know that I am probably on a FTA by now. How should I proceed? I am a single Mom, which I know is of no concern to the court. Will I be arrested when I show up to pay? I need to know whether to take my daughter to another State to her Gparents, since I have no family local. Stupid, stupid, stupid, I know....but, Im trying to make this right. Any advice?

Edited to add: It has been 6 years since my last ticket

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Edited to add: It has been 6 years since my last ticket
This means what exactly?

It is never a good idea to ignore a ticket, there is no excuse for that. If you had issues you should have contacted the court - which is what you should do NOW.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">