• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a Warning? where can i see that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkopparam

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got a warning for jumping a "stop sign", fact is there is no Stop sign where the officer said i jumped one.

The officer took my DL to his car, gave it back in 5 mins. He said he has given a warning.

I came out of a parking lot into the road, dint stop before entering. The officer said I came out of the road parallel to it (that had a stop sign), He dint give me time to even explain that. All he did was , took the DL to his car and gave it back saying he gave a warning. I dint get any written warning from him.

I want to know what a warning is. I also want to know what happens with the warning that I have got now.

regards.

Last edited:

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got a warning for jumping a "stop sign", fact is there is no Stop sign where the officer said i jumped one.

The officer took my DL to his car, gave it back in 5 mins. He said he has given a warning.

I came out of a parkning lot into the road, dint stop before entering. The officer said I came out of the road parallel to it (that had a stop sign), He dint give me time to even explain that. All he did was , took the DL to his car and gave it back saying he gave a waring. I dint get any written warning from him.

I want to know what a warning is. I also want to know what happens with the warning that I have got now.

regards.
He verbally warned you not to do it again. I'm verbally warning you not to do it again in front of a police officer. That's it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Nothing "happens". The officer took your license to make sure you weren't wanted for anything but found you were clean. So he "warned" you not to enter the street in the manner in which you did.
You have to stop before entering the roadway from a driveway.

gkopparam

thanks

thank you for the response
is this waring noted any where? i mean in my driving history?
are warnings that are noted normally given some thing in written to the violator?

regards.

Zigner

thank you for the response
is this waring noted any where? i mean in my driving history?
are warnings that are noted normally given some thing in written to the violator?

regards.
It is noted in the officer's memory.
Let it go - no-one but you, the officer and us will know about it :)

CdwJava

Well ... in some states, and I don't know if TX is one of them, warnings are documented. However, I believe these drivers are also issued written warnings.

- Carl

gkopparam

how do i make sure of this?

how do i make sure if it was noted or not?
how long would the warning last if it were to be noted?
A friend of mine got a ticket for both his warning (got a month earlier to the violation )and a violation when he was ticketed for his speeding violation. he got a 170$ *2 at once.
he is not sure if he was given a written waring for the first waring.

regards.

CdwJava

Follow the vehicle laws and you won't have to worry about it being a problem.

Contact the issuing agency and ask them.

- Carl

Last edited:

camdenle

He verbally warned you not to do it again. I'm verbally warning you not to do it again in front of a police officer. That's it.
Why? are you making up your own "rules of the road" to apply to the citizens of Texas? What is your authority to do so. ONLY YEILDING IS REQUIRED - NOT STOPPING!:mad:

§ 545.155. VEHICLE ENTERING HIGHWAY FROM PRIVATE ROAD OR
DRIVEWAY. An operator about to enter or cross a highway from an
alley, building, or private road or driveway shall yield the
right-of-way to a vehicle approaching on the highway to be entered.

camdenle

Nothing "happens". The officer took your license to make sure you weren't wanted for anything but found you were clean. So he "warned" you not to enter the street in the manner in which you did.
You have to stop before entering the roadway from a driveway.
absolutely incorrect!

moburkes

Why? are you making up your own "rules of the road" to apply to the citizens of Texas? What is your authority to do so. ONLY YEILDING IS REQUIRED - NOT STOPPING!:mad:

You're slow. I didn't make up ANY rules. I didn't even look them up. I simply explained what a warning was, by "verbally" telling him to stop it! Goodness. Grow up. Go away. He didn't ask was he required to stop. He asked what a WARNING WAS.

Did you notice that? Or, were you too busy trying to correct people? Idiot.

Oh, and, by the way, based on what he wrote, the officer made a mistake, not in telling him that he needs a stop sign from a private driveway, but in thinking that he saw OP enter the street from another street that DID have a stop sign. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I came out of a parking lot into the road, dint stop before entering. The officer said I came out of the road parallel to it (that had a stop sign),
So, please don't tell me that you are going to find a rule that states that you don't have to stop at a stop sign. Since the officer only gave him a warning, he doesn't even have to go to court to defend himself from the officer's mistake. Idiot.

Last edited:

Zigner

absolutely incorrect!

I will agree then, TX rules seem to show that you don't "have" to stop. However, if there was a vehicle approaching, it is quite likely that he would have been required to stop in order to "yield" the right-of-way. So, even though you showed my initial statement to be false from a code stand-point, it could very well have been true for the OP - and that's why we're here :p

Additionally, read Mo's reply to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">