• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where does jurisdiction fall for police departments?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flfmmqp

YOU are the one who used the phrase "Letter of the law". Procedures don't necessarily = LAW.

At my house, I am allowed to keep the front door open 24/7...there is no law against it. It is my PROCEDURE to not do so, and I'd get pretty darned ticked if someone else in the household left the door open...but it is not against the "Letter of the law".

(See how that works?)
That was awesome and very fair. I guess my point is that due to a lack of evidence, on both sides, I need to discredit the police officer enough so that he is not seen to be as crediable a witness as I am. Police Officer's are just normal citizens with a badge. They have good days and bad days where they make bad judgement calls. If I can show he violated a couple of procdures during the trial I am hoping the Judge will side with me. I doubt this will happen but if I am going to do this I might as well give it my best shot.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That was awesome and very fair. I guess my point is that due to a lack of evidence, on both sides, I need to discredit the police officer enough so that he is not seen to be as crediable a witness as I am. Police Officer's are just normal citizens with a badge. They have good days and bad days where they make bad judgement calls. If I can show he violated a couple of procdures during the trial I am hoping the Judge will side with me. I doubt this will happen but if I am going to do this I might as well give it my best shot.
Good luck...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">