• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who's responsible

• Thread starter mlambert@riccid
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlambert@riccid

What is the name of your state? Maryland
My 17 year old unlicensed son is being charged with theft of an auto . At a friends house with permission to use veichle he and a friend who has a license took the car for a ride. my son later drove it and ran into a mailbox. I'm being summoned to court by the owner who says car was taken without permission and was stolen. Damages to $10,000 My son and the other friend say the keys were given to them. Will i have to pay and will my son go to Jail?

stephenk

your son is responsible for the damage he caused.

Who does your son say gave the keys to his friend? Was it the owner of the car? If not the owner, how do you know the person who gave the keys had permission to allow the car to be driven?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">