• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WI - Revocated License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alejansal

What is the name of your state? WI

2 yrs ago I lost my license after my 3rd DUI and finally cleaned up my act. I admit I have been driving outside of my occupational license restrictions occassionally to go visit my kids up North and was/am always super careful.

In May, I am finally getting my license re-instated, but, early this morning on my way back from one of those visits with my kids, I was ticketed for driving with a revocated license in Oshkosh. I wasn't speeding, all lights working and when I asked they said, they just ran my plates for no particular reason and got lucky. "sometimes that happens."

My question is will this adversely affect my license being re-instated or will I just have to pay the fine and it's done and over with?

The Occultist

We are not the judges in your case. We are also not psychic. I can hazard a guess if you like, but I'm sure you won't like it very much.

Alejansal

I'm sorry

you botherred to waste your time.

My post was seeking general experience - as in, if anyone had ever encountered such a situation and if so, perhaps two or three briefly stated probable outcomes based upon WI law.

Everyone, please disregard my original post and good luck in your own endeavors.

Regards.

FlyingRon

You're lucky it's Wisconsin, looks like you might get off with a substantial fine.
If you did that here in Virginia, you might spend a few days in the pokey.

FlyingRon

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know. However, I have heard that pulling somebody over based on luck is illegal. It has to deal with illegal search and seizure laws. The police have no right to do that to you. See a lawyer. Contact the National Motorists Association and ask them for a recommendation. Their HQ is actually based just outside of Madison, Wisconsin.
They didn't pull him over on luck. They pulled him over because they typed his plate number in the computer and it came up with the restrictions. This isn't illegal, it's how the police have hunted for stolen and otherwise wanted vehicles for 50 years. It used to be that they just had a printed list before they had computers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">