• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife got a Speeding ticket in School Zone :o

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maverick2k4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Yesterday my wife got a speeding ticket in Knoxville TN while dropping our son to school. She was driving at 35 while speed limit was 15.

She has been taking our son to school for over a year and never done something so stupid. :eek:

The law here in TN says that she will get 4 points on her license. I'm fine with paying the fine but don't want the insurance to be raised because of this incident.

Please advice me how should I handle this.

Thanks very much for your time.

Roo

Call a couple of attorneys in your area. In many jurisdictions, depending on the circumstances, speeding tickets can often be reduced to non-moving violations. The fact that it was in a school zone (and 20mph over the limit) may be a show stoppers though.

The Occultist

If your wife has a clean driving record, she should bring proof of this into court to show that this is an absolute exception for her.

Either way, I always advise seeking the aid of a traffic attorney. A local attorney knows exactly what the courts want to hear, and as such present the highest potential for yielding the most favorable results. Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so take advantage of that and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">