• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife's speeding tix, cop wrote wrong car color

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CGA97

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My wife got 60 in a 45 the other day. She was in traffic and didn't even think that she was speeding. The cop obviously picked her out of the group. On the ticket, which was a summons for court, it said that her vehicle was red. Now, she was driving a black car! It makes me think that he got the wrong vehicle, but will this be relevant in court?? Her court date is in June.

R

Rowbear

Editorial details will be difficult to use a defense. In most cases the ticket writer was still thinking of the last ticket that was written. It leads me to believe that the cop is full time in traffic enforcement. For the people who do show up in court they often let you off with a fine and no driver record points. This will take a all morning as the court will run through dozens of people complaining about the aggressive behavior of the ticket writer but to no avail.

The city of Warren is great for hiring professional ticket writers. The same cop has beaten my wife and me several times over the past dozen years. We've always gone to court so points are not accumulated. The cities just want the money and don't care if the State gets to record any records or not.

S

seelingk

I don't know about your state law, but in NY it'll be dismissed for technicality error. Check to see if your state has this ...

JETX

Sorry, but wrong card color is NOT a 'fatal' error on a ticket. Hell, the officer could be color blind!!
As long as the remaining CRIITICAL information is accurate, you're DOA.

Last edited:
M

Mike101

When I worked in NY I saw tickets dismissed for that reason. Saw them dismissed for wrong make and model also.
In NC that wouldn't happen.
Like seelingk said, check your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">