• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will I get ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sue1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I was merging to Rt537 in Tinton falls, NJ. 5ft before merging, I turned my head and looked if anyone is coming. I didnt see anyone. So, I tried to merge. But suddenly I heard SUV hawnking and I applied break and I slowed my vehicle.

After going 50ft, the SUV before me showed left signal, I stopped and waited for the SUV to turn left. But suddenly that SUV pulled over to the right and showed me hand. I understood that as "he was asking me to go". I started to move. Then that COP started shouting "STOP". I then realized that it is COPs SUV with lights on. The SUV doesnt have lights on top. I think that is unmarked car.

I pulled over to the front of his and stopped.

He later showed his hand again to move. I think he asked me to go and I left.

From my mirror, I saw that the COP left from there.

I am very confused now. He didnt come to me and gave me ticket. Does it mean that he is going to send me ticket in mail.

The Occultist

You're asking us to predict the future, and unfortunately we can't do that. If you do receive the ticket, come back and post the statute number(s) being charged against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">