• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I lose my license? PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

budge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello,

I failed to stop for a stop sign back in February, and have plead not guilty. My court date is scheduled for next week. I already have 3 points on my license, so this would put me at 6 if found guilty. I was a minor (17) when I was pulled over in February, but I am now 18 years old. I know that minors will face a license suspension if they accumulate 6 points. So my question is, does the DMV view me as a minor or an adult if/when the points are assessed, since I received the ticket as a minor but will be convicted as an adult? And will I face the 90-day license suspension? Thank you.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Penalties are usually based upon the date of the violation, not the date of conviction. The offense took place when you were a "minor".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">