• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Window tint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bertha

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My son is in the military, he purchased a vehicle in lousina. He purchased in october, and we registered it in pa. he just got leave and was on his way home to get it inspected in pa. a police officer stopped him in virgina, he did not put a decible meter on his car, he cited him for exaust and tint. then did not fine him but told him he had to appear for court. my son explained he was on leave to see a friend to be deployed to iraque and he had to be on base by the 25th, his court date is the 29th, he had no idea the car was not legal. any advice would be good.

SHORTY LONG

Send a Certified Copy of your Son's Order that disclose of his deployment to
the Clerk of that Court. Attach with it a copy of the Notice to Appear, and
any other relevant information. Send it by US Postal Priority Mail with a tracking
receipt so you can go on-line and see when it was delivered to the Court.

bertha

window tint

he is not being deployed, im sorry. his friend is. I guess I didnt explain. we havent seen my son in almost a year, his friend is being deployed. they canceled my sons flight due to weather at the last minute, my son only has a week off so he decided to bring the car home to get it legal.

FlyingRon

He'll have to make arrangements to face the charge then. Either take leave or get a continuance. Being in the military is not an excuse to break the law. A lawyer could handle this for him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">