• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wisconsin - can any of these get me out of a speeding ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GrampaPete

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I was ticketed for going 28 in a poorly marked 15 zone.

First, the speed limit sign was small and off to the right at a 90 degree left hand turn. Hard to notice when you are turning left.

Second, there was a warning of a speed bump but there was no speed bump.

The officer wrote the address of the stop as house number 500. There is no 500...the numbers start with 590.

How can I find out if these can technically free me?

Thanks,

Grampa

racer72

First, the speed limit sign was small and off to the right at a 90 degree left hand turn. Hard to notice when you are turning left.
Very slim chance of this working as an excuse. Being that all signs are at a 90 degree angle when turning left does not help your case.

Second, there was a warning of a speed bump but there was no speed bump.
Irrelevant, it had nothing to do with your citation.

The officer wrote the address of the stop as house number 500. There is no 500...the numbers start with 590.
The general area is close enough. In your case, this would mean the 500 block of the street.

How can I find out if these can technically free me?
Talk to a local attorney. They know your local courts better than anybody you will find on the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">