• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wreckless driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bolio98

I'm in Virginia. I was stopped for driving 75 in a 50 zone. The cop told me it was for going 65 (which is how fast I was going), but after the fact when I read the ticket he had said 75, and wreckless, and said I must appear in court. I have no points and one accident (not my fault) in 5 years, my license is still from DC though even though I've recently moved to Va. Can I do anything about this "told me 65, then wrote 75"? I checked out the web site for the state and it talks about plea bargaining with the prosecutor, do I need a lawyer for that? Is a prosecutor going to be involved in this or just a judge, me and the officer?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">