• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wreckless Driving brought down to speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hi im red

Michigan

I was turning left from a stoplight and I'll admit, I got on the throttle hard. I was driving my mom's jeep that has been having issues with the front locking differential has been having issues and sending an error to the dash. if you get the diff to work hard the message will go away.

So I was turning left from a stop, turned fast-ish (it is a hemi). I had complete total control and no wheel noise or anything, just semi-loadish v8 noise. I get straight and let off and the message stayed on. I kept going straight and coasted down from 45 to 40 (speed limit is 35). 1/4 mile down the road I see flashers.

He asked if I was in a hurry and why am I going so fast, I told him why I turned hard/fast and showed him the error on the dash. "service 4wd system". he asked me how fast I was going and responded with less than 50. He came back with a ticket for 49mph and proceeded to tell me how I am lucky for not getting a reckless driving. I read the ticket and it says "He went threw the intersection living burnout marks and proceeded to drive at an excessive speed and admitted to driving 50mph"

I never seen the cop anywhere, but my friend behind me did. He said he was in traffic on the inside and didn't turn around for about a 200ft because he had to back up and turn around to pursue me.

Just throwing it out there, It's pretty hard to make skid marks with an AWD vehicle that has 3.07 gears. (completely stock and automatic)

The city he represents is notorious for being ...dicks... (my friend got a 1 mph over ticket... fought and won)

This was my 2nd time getting pulled over ever, and just happens to be by the same city. first time was because I was assumed to be a drunk driver because I had an enclosed trailer. :confused:

racer72

Got some better excuses? The lame ones you posted plus the derogatory name calling is not going to get you much help on these forums.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Bottom line is you were speeding and got caught. Makes no difference if you saw the officer or not and your excuse, if you could call it that, is pretty lame.

If you have a mechanical problem with your vehicle then get it serviced. Period.

If you insist on servicing it your way then do it on your own property and not on a public highway.

The skid marks are also irrelevant since you weren't written for that. You were written for your speed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">