• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wreckless driving in tennessee 61 over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntdr55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My husband recently got a wreckless driving ticket for 116 in a 55. ( showing off the trans am). He was in the SB lane and the cop passed him in the NB lane. Does anyone know how accurate the radar guns are while in motion? Also, he is being charged with wreckless driving AND speeding. Our insurance agent said that did not sound right. I thought the WD encompassed the speeding. He is going to see an attorney soon. Any thoughts?

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My husband recently got a wreckless driving ticket for 116 in a 55. ( showing off the trans am). He was in the SB lane and the cop passed him in the NB lane. Does anyone know how accurate the radar guns are while in motion? Also, he is being charged with wreckless driving AND speeding. Our insurance agent said that did not sound right. I thought the WD encompassed the speeding. He is going to see an attorney soon. Any thoughts?
Okay...

Very accurate.

Listen to your attorney.

Sell the trans am.

Does anyone else hear the theme song from "Smokey and the Bandit?" - "East bound and down, 18 wheels a rollin... we're gonna do what they say can't be done...."

FlyingRon

Imagine what he'd have been cited with if he'd wrecked rather than being wreckless.

Gosh I'm gonna miss Jerry Reed.

Hey There

Information to get

In addition to consulting with a lawyer Information regarding this is available on
Google
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining
(Cited driver's rights, Radar defects etc.)
Speeding Ticket FAQ
How to choose a Lawyer

What are the violation numbers
and complete description your husband was cited for?

Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

cntdr55

WD 61 over

Actually, when he was going to turn left (to pull over) 2 cars were in the way and he had no where to go and hit a telephone pole. The car had some damage to the passenger front. The cop told him if he was not getting off work in 15 minutes he would be going to jail. The Citation # B-011717. There is only one # but the cop told him he was charging him with both speeding and WD. thanks for the advice, I will try out that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">