• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong address and birthday on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZTay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CA

I recieved a speeding ticket returning from South Lake Tahoe. I was going 71 in a 55. On the ticket the CHP officer wrote down an incorrect address and an incorrect birthday. I specifically asked him if I would have to return to South Lake Tahoe to deal with the ticket and he said no and that I would recieve something in the mail. Never recieved anything in the mail and now I have been sent to collections. Do I have a case?

justalayman

a case for what? You have a case to pay for the ticket you received now that they found you. What other kind of case might you be asking about?

South954

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CA

I recieved a speeding ticket returning from South Lake Tahoe. I was going 71 in a 55. On the ticket the CHP officer wrote down an incorrect address and an incorrect birthday. I specifically asked him if I would have to return to South Lake Tahoe to deal with the ticket and he said no and that I would recieve something in the mail. Never recieved anything in the mail and now I have been sent to collections. Do I have a case?
How would you get something in the mail if they took down your wrong address?

I heard if there is wrong info on a ticket you can win in court, but I don't know if that's true or not.

and he was right, no you don't have to go back and they did eventually find your address and send you something in the mail.

If you did not respond by the date on the ticket you are out of luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your ticket had clear instructions on when and where to respond. The courtesy notice is just that, a courtesy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">