• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong BirthDate and Officer is Wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgott42

What is the name of your state? NY

I got a moving violations ticket (going through red light)

I have 2 questions:

(a) The officer copied my date of birth incorrectly, he wrote it as Dec, 6 2008 (as if I'm being born next year) - it's very clear that he made the mistake.

(b) Also I honestly think he made a mistake regarding the offense. I turn on that light every day for work, so REALLY know how long the light is. I clearly saw the lgiht turn yellow, and followed the car in front of me through it. The officer claims the light turned red on me, but I know that the light it not that short. Is there anything I can do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have not presented any reasons here as to why the ticket would be invalid.

cgott42

The 2 reasons are:
(1) The ticket was written out to John Smith born 1/1/2008. that's not me I was born 1/1/1968

and (2) he honestly was wrong - but I don't know how I can prove that, and if it's my word against his do I automatically lose?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The 2 reasons are:
(1) The ticket was written out to John Smith born 1/1/2008. that's not me I was born 1/1/1968

and (2) he honestly was wrong - but I don't know how I can prove that, and if it's my word against his do I automatically lose?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? NY

I got a moving violations ticket (going through red light)

I have 2 questions:

(a) The officer copied my date of birth incorrectly, he wrote it as Dec, 6 2008 (as if I'm being born next year) - it's very clear that he made the mistake.

(b) Also I honestly think he made a mistake regarding the offense. I turn on that light every day for work, so REALLY know how long the light is. I clearly saw the lgiht turn yellow, and followed the car in front of me through it. The officer claims the light turned red on me, but I know that the light it not that short. Is there anything I can do?

Gosh...we've never had a question like this before!:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">