• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong car and even wrong color

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ecto1959

What is the name of your state?Florida

The other day I got pulled over for speeding, and I know I wasn’t at all. The trooper said I was going 70 in a 55MPH soon. Well I was going 65, I never go 70, plus he saw my book bag and he ask if I was going to school and I said yea. So he reduced my ticket to 64mph, which lower it 100 bucks. Anyways not my problem but something I think you should no. My problem is after I sign the ticket and the trooper left I looked at my ticket. Well I own a White 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo, well in my ticket the cop put a Gold 2000 Chevy Four door. He even put the wrong tag number down. So what do I do? I went to FHP today and they told me to give the guy a call, well I did and now im waiting for a return phone call. So do I fight this in court? Or maybe see if the cop will drop ticket.

Froyn

It's minor details. You were speeding. Once you admit that you were speeding, everything else goes out the window. The officer could have written "Lunar Space Module" for vehicle description and you'd still be guilty of speeding.

tipdrill

Do not talk to the officer! You will provide him with info so that he can amend the ticket. Consult an attorney and plead not guilty on this one. My ticket had the wrong color and it was tossed. Yours is even better.

Do not, Do not I repeat Do not even speak to the officer or tell ANYONE ELSE for that matter what is wrong with your ticket. I would get an attorney if I were you because he could have a field day with it. What you DONT want is for the cop to ammend the citation. If that happens, you would have to object to it, and thats where your attorney would come in. This one I would say would likely get tossed.

Y

ylen13

you were speeding, pay off. If you go to court an officer will just say he made a mistake and court will still fine you. The city needs your money so pay off

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">