• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Court Date Written on the Traffic Ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DCA51420

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.
I was given a ticket for speeding but the officer wrote August 8,2008 for the court date, when I got home and check I found out that it was a sunday, does it make my traffic ticket invalid? I have read that any wrong info written on the ticket by the issuing officer will render the ticket invalid, I just wanted to verify it with real lawyers. What should I tell the judge just in case?

Thank you very much in advance.

DCA

JETX

I was given a ticket for speeding but the officer wrote August 8,2008 for the court date, when I got home and check I found out that it was a sunday, does it make my traffic ticket invalid?
No. Save yourself a lot of trouble (FTA warrant, etc.) and contact the court for a correct setting date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">