• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong date on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boli2006

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My daughter was pulled over for going through a stop sign. She says she didn't do it and the witness in her car says she didn't do it. He was a young male cop who had a ride a long and he even made her walk ahead of him to his car. I have talked to several people who have not had to leave their vehicles for a stop sign violation. Anyways, once I looked at the ticket I noticed that he put the wrong time on the ticket. He put 0851 or 8:51 in the morning. He was working nights (6pm - 6 am) I did call the sheriff dept. to verify he was working nights. Is this a viable reason to fight the ticket in court? We could also have the witness fill out an affadavit and get it norarized, but I am wondering if the error alone will negate the ticket. Just to mention, he wrote her for the wrong violation on the first ticket he was writing and had to start over.
Help??

DaveInPhx

If she didn't run the stop sign, it doesn't matter what time the officer put on the ticket. She needs to focus on making her defense. When she gets to court she can bring the wrong time to light and ask for a dismissal based on this error, but don't count on the judge going along with it. Incidentally, does the citation not have a place to mark am or pm?

The officer asking her to get out of the car and walk around means nothing. Even if it really was so he could let his ride along get a look at her backside (which is what it sounds like you're getting at), he'll never admit it and you can't prove otherwise based on the info you posted here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">