• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong date on traffic ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeffreykam

What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket for an illegal turn(disobeying signs) in July. However, the officer wrote down a completely wrong date. He put 02/08/07 on the ticket, when the date of my violation was somewhere in mid July. I don't remember the exact date. Also this is my second ticket in 18 months so i can't simple take traffic school. What should i do?

racer72

How are you going to make a claim of a wrong date when you can't recall the correct date? The error does not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation, it is also easily correctable.

CdwJava

Could it have been a "7" instead of a "2"? Bet it was.

Attend court on your assigned court dates and make your defense at those times. And start watching your driving ... any more convictions and you could lose your license.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">