• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Driver info on Red Light camera tix. Must i Respond?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragoneye

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
I got a Red Light Camera tix. (FYI: I made a right on red, while traffic was left turning into my lane - a completely safe situation)
THey mailed it to the right address, and the licence plate # is correct, but the drivers' licence #, DOB, NAME, hair and eye color are not mine! How to use this to NOT pay the rediculous $500 they are fining me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

THey mailed it to the right address, and the licence plate # is correct, but the drivers' licence #, DOB, NAME, hair and eye color are not mine!
Then its not your ticket... The person named in the citation (most likely the registered owner of the vehicle) must appear in court, show ID and if the picture on the citation doesn't match the person appearing in court then it gets dismissed.

dragoneye

thx for that, but I AM the registered owner. It is my violation. WHY do i fight? because i was driving safely; which most laws do not take into consideration. the point is, though it was sent to me, they have another driver's info on the ticket. Can i use it to my advantage?

I_Got_Banned

thx for that, but I AM the registered owner. It is my violation. WHY do i fight? because i was driving safely; which most laws do not take into consideration. the point is, though it was sent to me, they have another driver's info on the ticket. Can i use it to my advantage?
If the name that appears on the citation is not your name then IT IS NOT YOUR CITATION therefore there is NOTHING that YOU can do about it.

Do you know the person named on the citation? If so, hand it over the him/her... Since your picture appears on the citation, and assuming you and him/her do not look alike, he/she can get it dismissed by appearing in court.

And by the way, if you made a right turn on red and asuming the opposite left turn lane had traffic moving towards the same turn that you were making, then you were NOT yielding the right of way therefore you were NOT driving safely.

Some Random Guy

sorry, i seem to be garbling my meaning: IT IS MY TICKET. They simply ****ed up the OWNER info.
drivers' licence #, DOB, NAME, hair and eye color are not mine!
Well if your name and DL# is on the ticket then the ticket is yours. If it isn't (even if you were driving) then the ticket is not yours. Fight your ticket. If It's not your name on it, then give the ticket to the person with that name.

Jim_bo

Dude... if you think about it for just one second, it's not that hard. When you go to court, you will have to state your name, under oath. Since the charge is agaisnt someone else, do you think they are just going to charge you at the hearing? And what if no one paid any attention to it and you just pled guilty and paid by mail. Who would get a conviction and a point on their record??? You??? NO!!! The person who is on the ticket!!!

Pay attention to people when they tell you that is NOT your ticket!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">