• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong info on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vladua

What is the name of your state? New York

I actually got 2 tickets ..

86 in a 50 but the officer put the name on the registration (which is not mine) on the ticket, but the license number and date of birth he put are mine.

Would this be enough to throw out the ticket??

same thing on the 2nd ticket, which was for "Failure to signal lane change"

How many points would this be ?

--Thanks for your help.

M

Mike101

Is the person to whom the car is registered too willing to go to court?

M

Mike101

I would go to court with your brother and do one of two things. If the officer is there talk to him and in a nice way tell him you think it would be best if he asked the DA to dismiss the charges. That would save him from looking stupid. If he is not there go up to the DA and explain to the DA what happened. Show your license and your brothers. He should do the smart thing and dismiss the charges. If not plead not guilty and tell the judge. It shouldn't really take any effort but it might take a little effort to get it dismissed. Your probably guilty but you got a lucky break. Also a good lesson for the officer. Everyone gets to take something away with them.
I'm basing this opinion going on the fact that you in no way led the cop to believe that you were your brother.

K

Kaz the Minotau

If you are saying "It is not me" and that is why you are not guilty, then why are you even responding to it? The officer might be able to ammend it since it was abviously a typo and easily explainable.

V

vladua

well it could be a typo but on both tickets .. the officer didnt even ask whos who just took my info and gave me the tickets

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">