• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Info On Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VGoswamy

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was driving to Six Flags from New York. I was pulled over on a local road going 59MPH in a 50MPH zone. I've never heard of a police officer pulling someone over for this, but ITS JERSEY!. When attempting to enter the info online to find out the fine, i was unable to find the ticket information. When i looked at the ticket closely i realized that the license plate written looked could have been a different number. When i put in what was written the information came up. What should I do about this?
Should I contest the ticket hoping to save my $85 fine?

Is it worth it to go to Jersey to contest it?

efflandt

Did they get your correct name and/or driver's license number? What vehicle you were driving does not matter, unless there was something illegal about it.

lwpat

NY does not post out of state tickets to your record so just pay it. The NJ troopers are getting a lot of static about the governor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">