• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Info On Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joey17404

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My ticket says I was driving a 'commercial vehicle'...I was not.

If I go to court, can I win on a technicality, or will they just correct the mistake and move on.

JETX

My ticket says I was driving a 'commercial vehicle'...I was not.

If I go to court, can I win on a technicality, or will they just correct the mistake and move on.
The type of vehicle has nothing to do with the fact of the violation. No dismissal.

Maestro64

Usually error on ticket specially ones which are deemed clerical in nature are over looked.

However since you did not state the statue you were cited for. I would have to ask you if the statute you were cited for was related to a commercial vehicle violation. There are different rules that apply to commercial vehicles and if you were cited for one of those then you might have a leg to stand on since you can not cited for a commercial vehicle violation if you were not driving one.

racer72

The definition of commercial vehicle differs from state to state. There are a few states that a pickup truck with an open box is considered a commercial vehicle. The fact it is not used in a commercial purpose is irrelevant. My state does not recognize commercial vehicles as a separate class of vehicles.

Maestro64

The definition of commercial vehicle differs from state to state. There are a few states that a pickup truck with an open box is considered a commercial vehicle. The fact it is not used in a commercial purpose is irrelevant. My state does not recognize commercial vehicles as a separate class of vehicles.
Your correct Pickups some time are considered "For Hire" therefore it could be considered commercial. I have not looked lately, however in the past in PA pickups was for hire and were exempt from things cars were required to meet like emission so they fell into the commercial class. Not sure if that is true today.

PA does make distinction between commercial vehicle and a standard motor vehicle and there are special rules for them as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">