• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong information on a ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vic6max

I live in the state of New York
i recieved a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign
two things i noticed that are wrong with the ticket:
1. The experation date of my license is incorrect
2. The type of license class listed is wrong, the officer wrote down DJ (junior driver), when indeed it says D (regular) on my license becuase i am over the age of 18.

Are these two things enough to get the ticket thrown out????
Please help

racer72

No. Neither of these items interfere with your ability to challenge the citation and therefore are not cause to have the citation dismissed. The only items I have seen that have been cause to have a citation dismissed is incorrect law or statute number or incorrect location.

You: I move my citation to be dismissed. The expiration date of my license in wrong on the ticket and the type of license is wrong.
Representative of the jurisdiciton in which you were cited: State/county/city moves to amend the citation.
Judge: Granted. Any thing else Mr. max?

V

vic6max

reponse?

Racer, so what are you saying it will be dismissed or not?

J

jpfletch

Only Saving Grace

Your only saving grace would be if the Stop sign is not posted in accodance with the New York State Manual For Uniform Traffic Control Devices. (MUTCD)

I had a "no left turn on red" ticket dismissed based on the fact that the sign was posted across then road which is not acceptable placement according to the MUTCD.

I doubt that the stop sign was in any other place except on the right hand corner where it should be...

Good luck though.

P

plifter

I'd go to trial any way. There's always the chance that the cop won't show up to court. If he doesn't, you win!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">