• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Information On Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AubrnGrl83

I received a speeding ticket. Is there any way to prove that the officer seemed to be tailgaiting you? I pulled around a car, sped up to get away from him and when I realized he wouldn't stop I pressed on the brakes. He then hit his lights and sirens and pulled me over.

Not only that, but when I looked at the ticket the name of my insurance company was not correct. It said "AllState" instead of "State Farm". What are the chances of getting off because of a technicality?

This is for California State.

Last edited:

CdwJava

AubrnGrl83 said:
What is the name of your state?I received a speeding ticket. Is there any way to prove that the officer seemed to be tailgaiting you? I pulled around a car, sped up to get away from him and when I realized he wouldn't stop I pressed on the brakes. He then hit his lights and sirens and pulled me over.

Not only that, but when I looked at the ticket the name of my insurance company was not correct. It said "AllState" instead of "State Farm". What are the chances of getting off because of a technicality?

This is for California State.
The insurance issue is a non-issue - it won't matter for the violation at all.

You can always make your argument before a judge as an excuse. It might work - who knows?

- Carl

fedcop110

The insurance doesn't matter at all. How fast did you go to get away from the officer? Were you speeding? Just curious.

S

seniorjudge

Q: What are the chances of getting off because of a technicality?

A: The whole law is one big technicality. Which facts in your post would show that you are not guilty of speeding?

Post back, then we can talk.

AubrnGrl83

I had been going about 65 when I noticed the tailgater behind me (It was night and I didn't know it was an officer behind me.) I pulled around the car in front of me and sped up so the guy would pull around me. When he got back behind me and continued to tailgate, I figured my attempt was useless so I pressed on the brakes to slow back down. That is when he flipped on lights and sirens. The ticket says he clocked me at 80 though I don't think it was quite that fast.

Which facts in your post would show that you are not guilty of speeding?
Well I know I was speeding because I was trying to get away from the guy...but I wouldn't have sped up if the car hadn't been tailgating me.

S

seniorjudge

AubrnGrl83 said:
...I pulled around the car in front of me and sped up so the guy would pull around me....Well I know I was speeding....
Based SOLELY on the facts you gave me, I would say you are definitely guilty of speeding.

You have not presented any defenses.

Pay the fine.

S

seniorjudge

Q: What kind of a defense were you asking for? What COULD I say in this case?

A: There is only ONE defense to speeding: you weren't speeding. Since you admitted to speeding, you have no defense.

Bravo8

AubrnGrl83 said:
When he got back behind me and continued to tailgate, I figured my attempt was useless so I pressed on the brakes to slow back down.
HA HA HA......that's a good one.

We have all "brake-checked" someone when being tailgated, or had it done to us.

Slow back down......taht's a good one! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">