• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong information on the traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freckles_n_curl

Brendin Alban - Texas

My friend recently got a speeding ticket. The officer failed to put the correct information on it. He put my friends dad's social security number on the ticket instead of his own. He also, misspelled his last name. Is there a way for him to get out of the ticket without having to pay or go to Deffensive Driving?

email me at - [email protected]

Thank you.

HomeGuru

freckles_n_curl said:
Brendin Alban - Texas

My friend recently got a speeding ticket. The officer failed to put the correct information on it. He put my friends dad's social security number on the ticket instead of his own.

**A: now why would the nice police officer write the incorrect SS#? Could it be that your friend gave the incorrect number.

He also, misspelled his last name. Is there a way for him to get out of the ticket without having to pay or go to Deffensive Driving?

email me at - [email protected]

**A: see above.

And how fast was your friend going and what was the posted speed limit?
How did the officer calculate the speed of the vehicle?

F

freckles_n_curl

Re: Re: Wrong information on the traffic ticket

Thank you for replying and trying to help me.

I talked to my friend and he said that the officer did not ask for a social security number or for his name and that the officer probably got it off of his computer. He was going 60 in a 40 and he didnt know how the officer determine his speed.

-Brendin

Rochelle

He was going 60 in a 40? And he wants to not pay? Hmmmm.

You know, I say take down all the freakin' speed limit signs. Let's just let everyone drive any speed they want to. Then everyone can spend time getting their cars and bodies repaired once they smash into each other. But hey, beats the hell out of a ticket right?

F

freckles_n_curl

What can he do?

I still need help figuring this out! There has to be a way for him to get out of it. Please reply and help! Thank you.

J

JJP

Freck ,
Im not too sure if your friend is going to be able to get out of the ticket reguardless of what a screw up the cop was. Im dont have any experiance in law except for 18-20 moving violations. What i can tell you is that if you go into court and try to fight it while pointing out the errors of the officer, you might give the judge a reason to open a can of Whoop Arse on you just to teach you a lesson.
Please tell your friend that is sucks that they got the ticket but grow up and own up to the responsibility of being an adult .

Pay the fine and slow down.

JJP

V

vikzenchick

i feel ya

ok freckles...

so yeah, not even 3 months after i went to court for my first ticket (speeding), i received another one. from the SAME COP...and said to be going the SAME SPEED. now if THAT isn't ironic/weird/suspicious, i don't know what to say. but ANYways...on the ticked i received, it was written that i was driving a 97 gmc sonoma... well, i handed the officer my insurance, and both my parents' 97 YUKON and my 95 sonoma were on it...but he failed to write the correct year OR check the VIN, which would have given him the correct information. i want to know just as much as you do, because it would be EXTRA leverage in court to fight it (besides the two witnesses who were also in my truck). i was clocked going 59 in a 45...NO WAY because i was carrying a full load of furnature in the bed and i was behind a little beat-up car. so yeah...HELP! and i feel ya...

K

knorris

WHY?????

o.k first off the cop didn't just pull his dad's SS# of the computer. sounds more like your freind was trying to give false information. then you say the cop ''didn't even ask his name'' WHAT? of course he did. and ''you still need help figuring out a way to get him out of this'' o.k there's one way for him to take care of this. PAY THE TICKET! he was going 60 in a 40. what are you guys 16 ? and the officer spelled his last name wrong SO WHAT! slow down or stop whinning and looking for ways to get out of trouble when you decide to break the law. FYI for you it's called the speed limit there's a reason for it. so many people lose their life's do to people exceeding the speed limit. I agree with Rochelle lets just do away with all the limit signs then you all will have to find something new to whine about. GROW UP PLEASE.

W

wolffy

You know, I thought you might get some advice from this site, but all I see is everyone getting a lecture. I realize you should slow down. But you know sometimes the officers are jerks. I guess none of these other have ever run into one. Champaign Co IL is know for this. You make a mistake & you get nailed, the officer makes a mistake, well, to bad, they should be more carefull. There are rules of law just like rules of the road.

D

dumbmove

You might be able to get a dissmissal of traffic ticket due to incorrect information on ticket itself. see forther info in 08/07/2002 edition of Wall Street Journal. Freedberg, Arielle. (08/07/2002). Tricks of the Trade: Fighting a Parking Ticket. Section: D1

good luck!

K

knorris

wolffy said:
You know, I thought you might get some advice from this site, but all I see is everyone getting a lecture. I realize you should slow down. But you know sometimes the officers are jerks. I guess none of these other have ever run into one. Champaign Co IL is know for this. You make a mistake & you get nailed, the officer makes a mistake, well, to bad, they should be more carefull. There are rules of law just like rules of the road.
Advice Is what we ask for when we already know the answer. but wish we didn't. Kathie :D

C

Captradar

knorris72142 said:

Advice Is what we ask for when we already know the answer. but wish we didn't. Kathie :D
Now that sure makes sense.

F

freckles_n_curl

WHAT TO DO!!

OK. I've heard all what not to do. i wish someone (who knows what they are talking about) would tell me what i should do. I don't have alot of money and i've learned my lesson. I've slowed down, but that doesn't get me out of the situtation i'm in. I've gone to websites and tell really don't tell me what to do, (without becomeing a member or anything and i don't have a credit card) Please someone help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">