What is the name of your state? California
I recently received a ticket in san francisco california for going the wrong way in a lane on a 2-way street.
Here's what happened:
1. I was behind a police officer in a part of san francisco I did not know very well.
2. We were on a 1 way street
3. we came to a red light
4. the police officer turned left on the red into one of the right lanes
5. I got to the light, the light turned green, I turned into the far left lane (I needed to make a left on the next street...was trying to turn around basically)
6. The police officer pulled me over.
So basically, the only reason that I turned into the far left lane of that street was that the officer turned on the red light (without turning on his lights or anything). Since he turned on a red, I assumed the street we were turning on was a 1-way street as well.
My girlfriend was also in the car with me...so she can be a witness to the fact he took the left turn during the red.
Should I try to fight this one in court? I have no idea how much the ticket will be for...but I imagine it will be quite expensive...
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!